Previously located on my blog!
I used 2 of: www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAP…
* Start off by cutting your styrofoam ball in half, paint the surface with school glue 3 times top and bottom. Styrofoam is a material that’s very fragile and can break very easily. If strong glue is applied directly to the surface it starts dissolving XD That’s why it needs protective coating before we get started!
* Place your wig on a wighead (that’s your headsize) and choose the place you want her ponytail to start. If you start it too far back on the head your wig will become extremely heavy. Therefore you should place it more “on top” of your head, than in the back.
* Sew on your half styrofoam ball with a thick brown thread. That will be the base of the ponytail. It’s important that you sew into the elastics that are inside of the wig. If you only sew into hair it won’t be secured properly!
* Collect a nice amount of hair in the front that you want to “save” for the bangs. The rest of the hair you part in layers and slowly you pull a layer up to the styrofoam ball, and glue it on with schoolglue. Do this until all the hair has been pulled up. Be careful not to pull to hard as your wig will become too small for your head.
* Once everything is pulled up, you take apart the 2nd wig you’ve purchased. All you need to do is part the bangs from the rest. The remaining part of the wig (without the bangs) you glue onto your base for her ponytail! That will cover up any glue spots or bulgy spots with hair. Cover up the edge with her red headband.
*As for the bangs you take away the top layer of the hair. Everything else you backcomb/tease until it’s HUGE like hers. Cover up the ugly with the top layer of hair that you took aside. Hairspray like crazy until you won’t be able to see the ugliness of the teased hair underneath!
All I can leave you with is: GOOD LUCK! I hope you will be satisfied with the result if you decide to take on Megara’s hair!! Don’t hesitate to message me if you have any questions!
Photos of my Megara costume:
If you like my costumes, please follow my facebook-page where I put out more pictures, progress and tips/tricks/tutorials <3 www.facebook.com/SurineCosplay